Sunday, March 28, 2010

Washed, Sanctified, and Justified

1 Corinthians 6:9-11
Do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived. Neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor homosexuals, nor sodomites, not thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners will inherit the kingdom of God. And such were some of you. But you were washed, but you were sanctified, but you were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus and by the Spirit of our God.

Don't be confused. No sinner will inherit the kingdom of God. No sinner will go to heaven.

But you can be washed, sanctified, and justified. No matter what you've done, the name of Jesus can wash your sins away, make you holy and therefore good to enter the kingdom of God, and free you from your sins.

How do you do this? With this prayer:

"Father, I know that I am a sinner, worthy of being cast forever from Your presence. But I also know that Jesus came down, lived a sinless life, and then died on the cross for my sins. I know, God, that He can wash me, sanctify me, and justify me in Your eyes, because He is Your Son. I pray that You will forgive me for my sins and come into my life. Thank you for this gift. I pray all this in Jesus' Name, Amen."

With that prayer, you can become a Christian. Congratulations.

In His Service,
Joyce

No comments: