Thursday, June 17, 2010

Encouragement from the Holy Spirit

John 14:26
But the Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in My name, He will teach you all things, and bring to your remembrance all things that I said to you.

"Father, thank You for this reminder of encouragement. God, You have sent to us the Holy Spirit, who lives inside us. He reminds us Your words when we need them. May we learn to listen to Him. In Jesus' Name, Amen."

Jesus calls the Holy Spirit 'another Helper' in verse 16. He is part of the trinity, along with God the Father and Jesus the Son.

Have you ever worried about when you need them, you won't remember the Bible verse you need? I'm horrible at remembering the chapter and verse numbers for the verses, and exact wordings. Sometimes I worry that when I'm in a situation where I'm telling someone about God, and they ask a question, and I won't know the words to give them.

But I don't have to worry, because the Holy Spirit is within me. He will remind me, and you, of Jesus' words when we need them. Jesus didn't say all these things, God didn't write this book, to abandon us and have us never remember the words when we need them.

Our encouragement tonight: You know how God will never leave you, nor forsake you? Well, He goes so far as to remind you of things that you've forgotten when you need to remember them.

In His Service,
Joyce

Response Question: So, do we have to do anything to contribute to the Holy Spirit reminding us of Jesus' words?

No comments: