Sunday, February 14, 2010

God Loves Us

John 3:16
For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life.

God love the world (us) so much that He gave us His only Son. He was, and is, a Father to Jesus. And Jesus came down that that whoever believes in Him won't die, but will have life that lasts forever.

Think about this verse for a minute. God loves us. He loves us so much that He gave us Jesus to die for us, so that we could live in eternity with Him, if we just will believe in Him. So here's the big question: how do you tell God that you believe? With this prayer:

"God, I know that I am a sinner, worthy of being cast forever from Your prescience. But I know that You sent Your son, Jesus, to die as a sacrifice for my sins, because You love me. I ask in His name that You will forgive me for my sins and come into my life. Thank You, Lord, for this gift. In Jesus' Name, Amen."

If you just prayed that prayer for the first time, Congratulations. If you've never prayed that prayer, think of it this way: Valentine's Day is a day for love. God loves us. They say love is not a warm, fuzzy feeling, it's a commitment. God has made a commitment to us. I repeat: God loves us. Knowing and believing this fact will get us through the hardest and best times of our lives.

In His Service,
Joyce

No comments: