Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Confessing our sins

Genesis 3:9-11
Then the LORD God called to Adam and said to him, “Where are you?”
So he said, “I heard Your voice in the garden, and I was afraid because I was naked; and I hid myself.”
And He said, “Who told you that you were naked? Have you eaten from the tree of which I commanded you that you should not eat?”

Okay. God knew they had eaten from the tree of which He commanded them that they should not eat. God knew the devil tempted Eve to eat the fruit, that Eve liked it, and gave the fruit to Adam. So why’d He ask?
He asked the question for the same reason we have to confess our sins to Him. He wanted them to admit their sin.

He knows when we tell a lie, or steal, or whatever. But we still have to confess our sins (admit them to God) and ask Him for forgiveness and strength to do better next time.

Have a great day in the world God created for us.
In His Service,
Joyce

1 comment:

rocktalk951 said...

Do you think it's more important to confess sins to a pastor or friend, or to God? Or maybe both?