Wednesday, January 6, 2010

5 Minutes of Fame

5 Minutes of Fame, by Barlowgirl

It was a common story, yeah who cares that I changed?
Why are people freaking out?
Maybe I gave in more than I should, maybe I sold out
But the truth was I was really getting nowhere until I woke up and found
That morals can't take you up to the top your standards pull you down

Proverbs 3:7-8 Do not be wise in your own eyes; Fear the LORD and depart from
evil. It will be health to your flesh, And strength to your bones.

Chorus: Was it worth it what I gave away
For five minutes of fame
Minutes over no one knows my name
I always said the thing that meant the most to me was my very integrity
Who would have thought I'd ever trade it all for popularity
‘Cause the truth is though I've made it to the top I'm anything but satisfied
I gave up the only thing that mattered for this empty life

Luke 9:25 For what profit is it to a man if he gains the whole world, and is
himself destroyed or lost?

This time I'm saying no
This world will know what I believe in
I've lost enough to know
That life's too short to waste it
Or my minute of fame

John 3:16 For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life.

Happy Song Day!

This song is about someone who tries to give up their faith for popularity, and then realized that God was more important than being popular. The change in the person's thoughts, I think is interesting: s/he's kind of defensive, and then realizes what s/he's doing is something s/he promised s/he'd never do, and then said that it was more important for her to be true to God than to be true to the world.

In His Service,
Joyce

1 comment:

rocktalk951 said...

Are there any more Bible verses for this song that I didn't catch?

Have you ever realized something similar to what's going on in this song? How did you get out of it?