Friday, December 25, 2009

Jesus Came in a Manger

Luke 2:7
And she brought forth her firstborn Son, and wrapped Him in waddling cloths, and laid Him in a manger, because there was no room for them in the inn.

So I’ve been trying to find something about the nativity story that isn’t already done. There’s very little, so we’re going to look at how Jesus started off shunned from society from the start.

There wasn’t enough room in the inn to stay, so they had to stay in the stables. That’s where Mary gave birth to baby Jesus. Jesus started out from very humble beginnings.

Jesus’ humility shined throughout the rest of his life. He died, literally, without a shirt on His back. Tortured for crimes He did not commit. And He accepted it.

We look back and ask, ‘Why did He just take it? He could have gotten Himself down at any time, right?’. The answer is yes. Jesus was, and is, all powerful.

He did it for us. God asked Him to do something, and He humbly came down to Earth to humbly die on the cross. The main reason He was born was for us to live with Him in eternity.

Jesus died on the cross for our sins. That means everything I have ever done, am doing, and will do, no longer count against me. It’s the same for you, too. Everything you’ve every done wrong can be washed away, if you only believe in Him. If you believe in Him, and confess with your mouth that Jesus is the Christ (one who saves and takes away our sins), He will forgive you for every sin you have ever committed, are committing, and will commit. How do you do that? With this prayer:

“Lord, I understand that I am a sinner, worthy of being cast forever from your presence. But I also know that Jesus came down from heaven to die on the cross for my sins. I pray that in His name, You will forgive my sins and come into my life, for I need You now. In Jesus’ Name I pray, Amen.”

If you just prayed that prayer for the first time, congratulations. There are few times more fitting than becoming ‘saved’ at Christmastime. I was saved around Easter time a few years ago, and it gives me a few things to celebrate during the holiday.

Merry Christmas, all.

In His Service,
Joyce

No comments: