Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Words from Heaven to Us

Over the past eight Bible Studies (five weeks), we’ve been studying the many different sides and roles of Christ. The ones we studied were humble servant, kind loving and gentle, strong in beliefs/confident, frustrated by the doubting sinful world, lead us in the right direction, self-sacrificing, not afraid, intelligent/insightful/knowledgeable, and tough.

My hope and prayer is that these words on this blog were able to bring you closer to Jesus, or at least read a gospel because you are interested enough in Him.

Today, as the last day in this series, I’m doing words that Jesus spoke that spoke to me in a way that it’s like He’s speaking directly to us. I just ask that you read these words with an open heart, and if you haven’t already, pray the prayer at the end.

“O you of little faith, why did you doubt?”

“Do not be afraid; only believe.”

“I have compassion on the multitude, because they have now continued with Me three days and have nothing to eat.”

“Most assuredly, I say to you, We speak what We know and testify what We have seen, and you do not receive Our witness. If I have told you earthly things and you do not believe, how will you believe if I tell you heavenly things? No one has ascended to heaven but He who came down from heaven, that is, the Son of Man who is in heaven. And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of Man be lifted up, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life. For God did not send His Son into the world to condemn the world, but that the world through Him might be saved. He who believes in Him is not condemned; but he who does not believe is condemned already, because he has not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God. And this is the condemnation, that the light has come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil. For everyone practicing evil hates the light and does not come to the light, lest his deeds should be exposed. But he who does the truth comes to the light, that his deeds may be clearly seen, that they have been done in God.”

“Lord, I come to you today to ask forgiveness for the sins I have committed. I know that I am a sinner, worthy of being forever cast from Your presence. But I know that Jesus came down from heaven, led a sinless life, died on the cross for my sins and then rose again. I confess that He did all this, and I ask that You will grant me the gift of salvation, in Jesus’ holy name. Amen.”

That prayer is your ticket into heaven. I’m not going to tell you that life is easy after you’ve said that prayer, but I will tell you that it’s worth it, every moment. We have a Father who loves us more than we could ever know.

Welcome to the family.
(by the way: Matthew 14:31, Mark 5:36, Mark 8:2, John 3:11-21)

In His Service,
Joyce

No comments: