Wednesday, October 21, 2009

No Grave

The Newsboys
John 10:28 I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; no one can snatch them out of my hand.

Lay my body down on Mercy Street
Or deep beneath the darkest seas
Lay my body six feet under down in Old
Noarlunga
Right beneath the ghost gum trees

Psalm 95:15 But God will redeem my life from the grave;
He will surely take me to himself.

Doesn’t matter where
You won’t find me there

Ezekiel 37:12 Therefore prophesy and say to them: 'This is what the Sovereign LORD says: O my people, I am going to open your graves and bring you up from them; I will bring you back to the land of Israel.

No grave
Gonna hold my spirit down
Ain’t no grave
Hold my spirit down
Lord knows they’ll never keep me in the ground
Ain’t no grave
Hold my spirit down

John 5:24 "I tell you the truth, whoever hears my word and believes him who sent me has eternal life and will not be condemned; he has crossed over from death to life.

It’s alright mama, now don’t be sad
It’s alright, don’t cry for me
They can lock my flesh and bones up until kingdom
come
But my spirit will be free

John 11:25 Jesus said to her, "I am the resurrection and the life. He who believes in me will live, even though he dies; and whoever lives and believes in me will never die. Do you believe this?"

It doesn’t matter where
You won’t find me there

It’s a dead end search
It’s a nowhere thread
Looking for the living down among the dead
No devil in hell
No angel above
Can separate the saints from the love of God

Psalm 136:2 Give thanks to the God of gods. His love endures forever.

When I first listened to this song I never realized what it was really talking about. After a while however, when I really listened to the words I was a little surprised to hear that it was talking about graves and death. But when I really thought about what the words meant, the song itself got a whole new meaning.
It is truly awesome to know that as a child of God you don't have to care where you are buried because it is only your body that goes underneath the ground. Because of God's unfailing love you can know that death is not the end, but the beginning of a wonderful new life in heaven. Nothing "can separate the saints from the love of God" because of Jesus' sacrifice on the cross. That is something we should always be praising and thanking God for daily.
Remember that life is short and there is no time to waste. We as Christians can know heaven is a definite for our future, and while we need to focus on our heavenly home rather than our one on earth, we need to remember why we are here.

Matthew 28:19-20 Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them int the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all that I commanded you; and lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age.

In Christ's Love, Sarah

No comments: