Saturday, October 17, 2009

Can God affect the internet?

Philippians 4:13
I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

"Father, thank You for these words. Sometimes we just read them over and don't pause to think about them. I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. Just that fact alone is empowering. You are a great God for giving us these words of confidence in You. In Jesus' Name, Amen"

In one of the last scenes of Facing the Giants, Coach Taylor is asking his team of thirty-two players who just won the High School Superbowl what is impossible with God. Each of the boys responds 'nothing, Coach.'
'Are you sure? Those Giants are pretty big. They're three times our size! Are you positive?' he asks one.
'Positive, Coach.' The boy said. 'Me too,' Taylor answered. (all lines are paraphrased).

While the above verse and story are encouraging on their own, I have a personal story to back it up.

Where I live, we only recently got high-speed Internet. I've had Internet in my room for about a year now. But for some reason, my Internet is flighty. At random times of the day, it just fails on me. When I'm doing homework, it'll all of a sudden just say that it lost the connection.

I've complained to most of my friends about the flighty Internet. But one thing I've noticed: my Internet doesn't go out when I'm posting for the blog. Now, does God have the power to affect the Internet? Yes, He does. And I believe He used it and uses it.

So usually, that's what happens. It went out right after I posted an Obscure Biblical Character once. God's been good to me.

So the other day I woke up, put up the post, and got on the bus to go to school. I didn't really think about how God had, yet again, kept my Internet up. He does that everyday: it's nothing special. I mean, He just took time from taking care of the whole world to make sure a teenager who never had any real Bible education got out her Bible Study on time. Why is that special? But then another girl gets on the bus.

Her first question to us was 'Did your power go out this morning? Mine did.'

'What time this morning?' I asked, thinking maybe I had been asleep.

'About five forty-five' she said. About the time I do the blog. Another girl said hers did, too. They both live near me.

God can control anything He wants to control. If we are doing something for Him, He will bless it and protect it. In Coach Taylor's words '...And the team that plays for His honor and glory will have His blessing.'

In His Service,
Joyce

No comments: