Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Open the Eyes of my Heart, Lord

Open the eyes of my heart, Lord
Open the eyes of my heart
I want to see You
I want to see You
Acts 9:8 Then Saul arose from the ground, and when his eye were opened he saw no one. But they led him by the hand and brought him into Damascus.

Open the eyes of my heart, Lord
Open the eyes of my heart
I want to see You
I want to see You

Acts 9:17-18 And Ananias went his way and entered the house; and laying his hands on him he said, "Brother Saul, the Lord Jesus, who appeared to you on the road as you came, has sent me that you may receive your sight and be filled with the Holy Spirit." Immediately there fell from his eyes something like scales and he received his sight at once; and he arose and was baptized.

To see You high and lifted up
Shinin' in the light of Your glory
Pour out Your power and love
As we sing holy, holy, holy
Exodus 19:18 Now Mount Sinai was completely in smoke, because the LORD descended upon it in fire. Its smoke ascended like the smoke of a furnace, and the whole mountain quaked greatly.

Open the eyes of my heart, Lord
Open the eyes of my heart
I want to see You
I want to see You

Psalm 53:1 The fool has said in his heart,
"There is no God."
They are corrupt, and have done abominable iniquity;
There is none who does good.


Open the eyes of my heart, Lord
Open the eyes of my heart
I want to see You
I want to see You

To see You high and lifted up
Shinin' in the light of Your glory
Pour out Your power and love
As we sing holy, holy, holy
(Repeat two more times)
Ezekiel 1:27-28 Also from the appearance of His waist and upward I saw, as it were, the color of amber with the appearance of fire all around within it; and from the appearance of His waist and downward I saw, as it were, the appearance of fire with brightness all around. Like the appearance of a rainbow in a cloud on a rainy day, so was the appearance of the brightness all around it. This was the appearance of the likeness of the glory of the LORD.

Holy, holy, holy
We cry holy, holy, holy
You are holy, holy, holy
I want to see you
Psalm 71:19 Also Your righteousness, O God, is very high, You who have done great things; O God, who is like You?
Holy, holy, holy
Holy, holy, holy
Holy, holy, holy,
I want to see you
Leviticus 11:45 For I am the LORD who brings you up out of the land of Egypt, to be your God. You shall therefore be holy, for I am holy.

Holy, holy, holy
Holy, holy, holy
Holy, holy, holy,
I want to see you
1 Samuel 2:2 "No one is holy like the LORD, For there is none besides You, Nor is there any rock like our God."

Good morning! Don't worry, I'm going to do a non-worship-song next week. Email me with any ideas. (rocktalk951@gmail.com)
I do like this song, however, because it's a prayer. 'Open the eyes of my heart, Lord, because I want to see you in all Your glory. You are so holy we cry it out to You.'
By the way, the Exodus verse may not make much sense, but I always thought the line was 'Pour out Your firely love" (which I now see probably isn't a word). But if He descended in fire, it was probably shining. (I hope.)
In His Service,
Joyce

No comments: