Thursday, August 27, 2009

Surprise! He's a Blessing!

Hi all,
So, apparently last week's Obscure Biblical Character wasn't obscure enough! The character last week was Boaz (yes, from Ruth. 'nice job' she says staring straight ahead at the computer screen and refusing to look anyone in the eye). He was the man who married Ruth (second husband). At first, he was Ruth's boss, but a very good boss.

"Then Naomi said to her daughter-in-law, 'Blessed be he of the Lord, who has not forsaken His kindness to the living and the dead!" And Naomi said to her, "This man is a relative of ours, one of our close relations." Ruth 2:20

The last person I think of as someone who could be a blessing towards me is my boss. For us, that would be our teachers or principals. Why would our teachers be a blessing to us? Mercy, maybe. I was surprised to learn this past year that both guidance counselors at my high school were born-again Christians. For me, if I needed someone to talk to, I would rather be with a Christian who understood where I was coming from. God put them there, and I'm sure He put blessings in disguise where you go to school.

So this next week I picked a (hopefully) more obscure character.

This Character
-her father asked the grossest dowry EVER for her
-after her husband married her, she judged him for his way of worship and therefore was
-cursed to infertility

She's from one of these books
1 Kings
1 Samuel
Song of Solomon
Galatians

Just do the poll on the first letter of her name this week. Go ahead and guess, even if you don't know the answer; we may say it isn't, but this is totally a competition between you and me to see how obscure I can go (evil maniacal laugh) and still have a point to that character.

In His Service,
Joyce

No comments: