Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Mighty to save!

This is our second blog! How exciting is that? Now my job tonight is to look at a Christian song, show some Bible verses that go along with it, and give tid bits of knowledge that we can learn from it. The song I’ll be looking at is called Mighty to save by Michael W. Smith. You can listen to it here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2-QKF_Vei5U

Verse 1:
Everyone needs compassion A love that's never failing
(Psalm 25:6 Remember, Oh Lord, Your compassion and your loving kindness, for they have been of old. David, Moses, Cain, and Saul all at one point or another needed God’s compassion. God’s compassion is for everyone! Not just for old Bible characters.)
Let mercy fall on meEveryone needs forgivenessA kindness of a SaviorThe hope of nations
(Romans 3:23: For ALL have sinned and fall short of the glory of God. This means everyone just like song says. Why? because, without a savior we are worthy to spend eternity in Hell. What a happy thought. That is why a savior is necessary. He took the punishment so we didn’t have to.)
My SaviorHe can move the mountainsMy God is Mighty to save
(2nd Samuel 22:3 the second half of the verse He is my stronghold, my refuge, and my savior- from violent men you save me. King David wrote this in a song of praise. God had protected him from his enemies in battle. God would move mountains to protect his children. That would be us! God is always on our side protecting all of us from harm.)
He is Mighty to saveForeverAuthor of salvationHe rose and conquered the graveJesus conquered the grave
(Matthew 28: 5&6: The angel said to the women; do not be afraid for I know that you are looking for Jesus, who was crucified. He is not here; he has risen, just as he said. Jesus was crucified on the cross for our sins. He died and after 3 days he rose again. He had told his disciples he would, but did they listen? Nope.

Verse 2:
So take me as You find meAll my fears and failuresFill my life again I give my life to followEverything I believe inNow I surrender.
(Matthew 4:19 Come follow me, Jesus said, and I will make you fishers of men. At one point God calls each of us to follow him. Whether or not we choose to answer that call is our choice. But when we do, like the disciples we must leave our old life behind us to do what’s right and surrender EVERYTHING to God. I myself am still working on surrender.)
Bridge: Shine your light and let the whole world seeWe're singing for the glory of the risen King...Jesus
I’m sure you all remember singing the song “This little light of mine” when you were little. This verse has the same basic idea to it. This little light of mine is all about how we can’t hide our light and we have to let it shine. This bridge is all about how we can’t be ashamed of Christ and what he represents and that we have to show the entire world because we are singing for the one and only King. Jesus!

My prayer for this blog is that you will look at this song in a different way and see that the songs you hear by Christian artists do have a meaning behind them. I pray that you will also learn more about our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.

With God in my heart and my mind,

Kiara

No comments: