Tuesday, June 22, 2010

What Would You Have Done?

Matthew 23:29-30
Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! Because you build the tombs of the prophets and adorn the monuments of the righteous, and say, ‘If we had lived in the days of our fathers, we would not have been partakers with them in the blood of the prophets.’


The Pharisees were saying something that Christians will say today, sometimes: if I was around back then, I would have been better than my fathers. I wouldn't have killed the prophets. I wouldn't have done the same thing as Pontius Pilate or Judas Iscariot.

Yeah, we probably would have. We can't judge someone for making a decision during a situation we've never been in. I probably wouldn't have been a disciple. Who knows where I would have been. Here's the thing: that little voice inside our heads that tells us that somethings against God, that's the called the Holy Spirit. He's not there if Jesus hasn't died/risen again yet, or if a person isn't saved.

I'm not saying that non-Christians don't have morals, don't get me wrong. I'm just saying that Jesus warns us against making judgments on our behavior if we haven't been in a situation before.

In His Service,
Joyce
 
Response Question: What would you have done if you were living in Jesus' day?

No comments: