Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Jesus' Authority

Sorry this is so late, my internet wasn't working at all last night or until 4:40ish today.

And the Obscure Biblical Character is... the Centurion (a military officer).

Matthew 8:8-9 NKJV
The centurion answered and said, “Lord, I am not worthy that You should come under my roof. But only speak a word, and my servant will be healed. For I also am a man under authority, having soldiers under me. And I say to this one, ‘Go,’ and he goes; and to another, ‘Come,’ and he comes; and to my servant, ‘Do this,’ and he does it.”

The centurion was saying something about Jesus' authority. Centurions have 100 soldiers under them. He was telling Jesus that because he had this great authority, he could understand how Jesus also had authority. They could both just speak a word, and it would be done.

As Jesus said, this is great faith, to understand that He only needs to say a word and it'll happen. We need to have that same kind of faith in our own lives.

In His Service,
Joyce

Response Question: What does the story of the Centurion say about experience and faith?

No comments: