Friday, May 28, 2010

As Little Children

Matthew 18:3 NKJV
and said, "Assuredly, I say to you, unless you are converted and become as little children, you will by no menas enter the kingdom of heaven.

This is something that Jesus said before he was cruxified. But what did He mean by 'little children'?

He didn't mean screaming and crying, throwing fits in the grocery store, kind of thing. He meant that little children have faith. They believe what their parents and adults in their lives tell them. Easter Bunny, Santa, Tooth Fairy...

Jesus wants us to believe in the same way. He doesn't want us to need proof, He doesn't want us to approach Him with a scientific solution to each problem. He wants us to believe in Him, and have faith in Him and in God.

The difference between the Easter Bunny and God? Little kids have faith to believe in both, but their faith in God is real.

So what's all this about having to believe in God to enter the kingdom of heaven? In order to go to heaven, you need to have faith in Christ. If you spend your entire life denying the existence of a God, or the existence of Christ Jesus, then you won't get to go to heaven.

So how do you tell God that you have this faith, and that you want to use it now? With this prayer:

"Lord, I know that I am a sinner, worthy of being cast forever from Your prescence. But I also know, with faith like a little child, that Jesus died on the cross for my sins, and I believe with that same faith that He rose again. I pray that You will forgive me for my sins in His name, not because I deserve it, because I don't, and I pray that You will come into my life. Thank You for this gift, God. In Jesus' Name I pray, Amen."

In His Service,
Joyce

Response Question: What else was Jesus talking about when He said 'become as these little children', other than faith?

No comments: