Thursday, April 29, 2010

Psalm 118:5-9
I called on the LORD in distress;
The LORD answered me and set me in a broad place.
The LORD is on my side;
I will not fear,
What can man do to me?
The LORD is for me among those who help me;
Therefore I shall see my desire on those who hate me.
It is better to trust in the LORD
Than to put confidence in man.
It is better to trust in the LORD
Than to put confidence in princes.

"Father, thank You for these words of encouragement. You have been with Your people since You had people. You have defended them, kept them safe, and love them for all of time. Thank You, Father, that this is still true today: You still defend us, keep us safe, and love us. In Jesus' Name, Amen."

It doesn't state an author to this Psalm, so why should we trust it? It's a testimony. This person called on God when he was hurting, God saved him, and now he's realizing that God's on his side, and he doesn't have to be afraid, because other people can't do anything to him. God is going to help him, and He'll revenge him.

God didn't just help out this one person, and then decide 'never again'. He does this time after time. He keeps us safe, He loves us, He defends us... the list goes on. We're just like this guy: God will watch over us, because He loves us.

Then he has this revelation: It's better to trust in God than to trust in others or in princes. Why? Because God will never turn His back on us.

In His Service,
Joyce

Response Question: What did he mean by 'princes' in verse 9.

No comments: