Wednesday, April 21, 2010

My Father's Eyes

"My Father's Eyes" by Phill Driscoll
Sailing down behind the sun,
Waiting for my prince to come.
Praying for the healing rain
To restore my soul again.

Isaiah 9:6 For unto us a Child is born, unto us a Son is given, And the government will be upon His shoulder. And His name will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.


Just a toerag on the run.
How did I get here?
What have I done?
When will all my hopes arise?
How will I know him?
When I look in my father's eyes
My father's eyes
When I look in my father's eyes
My father's eyes

Jeremiah 3:2 "Lift up your eyes to the desolate heights and see: Where have you not lain with men? By the road you have sat for them like an Arabian in the wilderness; and you have polluted the land with your harlotries and your wickedness.


Then the light begins to shine
And I hear those ancient lullabies.
And as I watch this seedling grow,
Feel my heart start to overflow

Psalm 2:7 "I will declare the decree: The LORD has said to Me, 'You are My Son, Today I have begotten You.

Where do I find the words to say?
How do I teach him?
What do we play?
Bit by bit, I've realized
That's when I need them,
That's when I need my father's eyes.
My father's eyes.
That's when I need my father's eyes.
My father's eyes.

Psalm 27:14 Wait on the LORD; Be of good courage, and he shall strengthen your heart; Wait, I say, on the LORD!


Then the jagged edge appears
Through the distant clouds of tears.
I'm like a bridge that was washed away;
My foundations were made of clay.

Matthew 7:26-27 "but everyone who hears these sayings of Mine, and does not do them, will be like a foolish man who built his house on the sand: and the rain descended, the floods came, and the winds blew and beat on that house; and it fell. And great was its fall."


As my soul slides down to die.
How could I lose him?
What did I try?
Bit by bit, I've realized
That he was here with me;
I looked into my father's eyes.
My father's eyes.
I looked into my father's eyes.
My father's eyes.

Response Question: What did I miss? That last part that I didn't give a verse for could be an option for you.

In His Service, and His alone,
Joyce

No comments: