Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Why Should We Return To God?

Jeremiah 3:14-15 NKJV
"Return, O backsliding children," says the LORD; "for I am married to you. I will take you, one from a city and two from a family, and I will bring you to Zion. And I will give you shepherds according to My heart, who will feed you with knowledge and understanding.

So we are each sinners, right? We're each backsliding children. God told us that. He's talking to the Israelites here (His chosen people) which today would be Christians. So if this God tells us we're wrong and bad and stuff, why do we want to return to Him?

Because He is married to us. He takes care of us. He brings us to where He is (Zion).

That's why we should return to Him: He loves us and takes care of us and has made a commitment to do so.

Want further proof? Considering the date, I thought we should look at this verse:

John 3:16 NKJV
For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life.

God loved the world (cough cough US) that He gave us Jesus. We return to Him because He's just that amazing to love us.

In His Service,
Joyce

No comments: