Sunday, March 14, 2010

Confess With Your Mouth

Romans 10:8-11
But what does it say? "The word is near you, in your mouth and in your heart" (that is, the word of faith which we preach): that if you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved. For with the heart one believes unto righteousness, and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation. For the Scripture says, "Whoever believes on Him will not be put to shame."

So, to be saved you have to 'confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus' and 'believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead'. What will be we saved from? I'm not going to sugarcoat it: our sinful living earns us a one-way ticket to Hell. What is Hell? Hell is more horrible than you could ever imagine. Fire and brimstone and constant torture.

Heaven is better than you could ever imagine. There is no pain, no tears, no sadness. Heaven is where God is. Hell is where the devil is.

To be saved from Hell, you have to believe that God raised Jesus from the dead and say it out loud. How do you do that? This prayer:
"Lord, I know that I am a sinner, worthy of being cast from Your presence into Hell. But I also know that Jesus came down to die on the cross for my sins, not because He deserved it but because I did. Because He had no sin, I know that He was raised from the dead and ascended into Heaven, so that I can have everlasting life with You. I pray that You will give me this gift of salvation, not because I deserve it, but because Jesus wanted me to have a relationship with You. Thank You for this gift. In Jesus' Name I pray, Amen.".

If you just prayed that prayer for the first time, Congratulations. If you didn't, and you never have, why not? Do you have questions that have never been answered? Do you just not believe it? What about it do you not believe? If you have any questions, you can email them to me at rocktalk951@gmail.com, and I'll try to help. If I can't find the answer, I will find it for you.

May God Bless you,
Joyce

No comments: