Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Amazing Grace

Amazing Grace, John Newton

Amazing grace
How sweet the sound
That saved a wretch like me
I once was lost
But now I'm found
Was blind, but now I see

Hebrews 4:16 Let us therefore come boldly unto the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy, and find grace to help in time of need.


T'was grace, that taught
My heart to fear
And t'was grace my fears relieved
How precious did
That grace appear
The hour I first believed

Genesis 6:8 But Noah found grace in the eyes of the LORD.


When we've been there
Ten thousand years
Bright shining as the sun
We've no less days
To sing God's praise
Than when we first begun

Revelation 1:16 And he had in his right hand seven stars: and out of his mouth went a sharp twoedged sword: and his countenance as as the sun shineth in his strength.

So, this time I scribed the lyrics myself, partially from memory, so if they're some words in there that shouldn't be, let me know. I know I'm missing a few verses, but these are the ones we sang at my last church (they sung hymns) and the ones Chris Tomlin uses in My Chains are Gone.

In His Service,
Joyce

No comments: