Tuesday, January 12, 2010

To the Lord in Prayer

Genesis 25:21-23
Now Isaac pleaded with the LORD for his wife, because she was barren; and the LORD granted his plea, and Rebekah his wife conceived. But the children struggled together within her; and she said, “If all is well, why am I like this?” So she went to inquire of the LORD.
And the LORD said to her: “Two nations are in your womb, two peoples shall be separated from your body; one people shall be stronger than the other, and the older shall serve the younger.”

I like the progression of Rebekah here. Isaac asks God for a child, God gives them a child. Now Rebekah’s all worried about the babies. So what does she do? She goes to God and asks God what’s going on.

Rebecka had a worry, and took it to God in prayer. She asked God why the children were struggling together, and God answered her. He didn’t just say, ‘Don’t worry, they’ll be fine’ or ‘just trust in Me’. He has done that before. He gives her the whole truth, to warn her, possibly. The next few verses talk about exactly what happens when the children are born to show that one will serve the other.

When Rebekah had a worry, she took it to God, and He answered her.

Have a great day in the world God created for you.

In His Service,
Joyce

2 comments:

rocktalk951 said...

Testimony time:

What has God shown you when you take a worry to Him in prayer?

I've had a few responses lately:
1. He steers me in the way He wants me to take.
2. Have patience.

Have you had another response when asking God for guidance or when taking a worry to Him?

Anonymous said...

God shows me that I don't have to do it alone. In fact, I usually cannot do it alone, but all too often I need to be reminded of that.