Sunday, January 3, 2010

Jesus' Way, or the Highway (to Hell)

To fulfill not only God's work but also (and much less important) one of my New Year's Resolutions, we're going to have a Sunday post.

What better way to start off the new year than becoming one of God's children. Here's a truth for everybody: unless you have accepted Christ as your personal Lord and Savior, you are not going to heaven, you are going to hell. This is not my judgment, this is God's Word. There is no other way to go to heaven except through Jesus. THIS INCLUDES YOU! If you think that so many community service hours, or witnessing talks, or church services, or whatever, will get you into heaven, that's wrong. Going to church will not get you into heaven, but God will.

Why is this? Why would a just God send His children to Hell? Because we deserve it. It doesn't mean He doesn't love us! He's our father, no father wants or likes to punish his children. But He does, because that's what His children desserve. He doesn't want to send anyone to Hell, so He provided us with a Savior.

We are all sinners, worthy of going to Hell and living in eternal damnation for our sins. But Jesus came down and died for our sins, after living a sinless life. He didn't desserve to die. We did. He died on the cross at Calvary for our sins, not His. Why did He do that? Because His Father asked Him to, and because He loved us.

If you just found out that you are not going to heaven, or even if you've known it for a long time, there is a way to heaven. But there is no back gate to sneak in, no other way to go up. It Jesus' way or the highway to hell. So how do you take Jesus' way? Say this prayer in your heart to God; He hears you.

"Lord, I know I am a sinner, worthy of being cast forever from your prescence in Hell. But I also know that Jesus died on the cross for my sins, after living a sinless life. I ask You, Lord, for forgiveness from my sins. I ask You to come into my life, and turn my heart towards You. I see my sins, Lord, and I understand that Jesus died for me. I ask this in Jesus' Name, Amen."

If you meant that prayer, you'll know it. You can feel it from the depths of your soul, because God is great. If you just prayed that prayer for the first time, Congratulations. Welcome to the family of Jesus.

If you're unsure about Jesus, or God, or whatever else, feel free to email me (rocktalk951@gmail.com). We'll be doing this every Sunday from now on, and I pray that through this extra day of prayer, that someone will come to know Christ. That's the point of our lives as Christians, isn't it, to live in a way that teaches others how great He is?

Blessings to everyone who reads this Bible Study, and everyone who those people reach through their lives.
In His Service,
Joyce

1 comment:

rocktalk951 said...

Did you just come to Christ today? Let us know, so that we can continue to pray for you, that you will have strength to follow Christ in everything you do.

For those who have been Christians for awhile, what do you know now that you wish you knew when you became a Christian, that might have helped you?

For me, one tidbit of wisdom is that you don't have to follow every rule in the Bible, you don't have to know them all, you don't have to memorize all these scriptures. Those things are helpful in your walk with the Lord, but more importantly you have to love God more than anything else in the world, and everything else just falls into place.

The other main tidbit of wisdom is that there are many differences in what the world says is okay, and what God says is okay. While we may want what the world says is okay more than anything else, God knows what is best for us, and His way is always better than ours or the world's.