Sunday, January 31, 2010

God Gave Us Eternal Life In Christ

1 John 5:11-13
And this is the testimony: that God has given us eternal life, and this life is in His Son. He who has the Son has life; he who does not have the Son of God does not have life. These things I have written to you who believe in the name of the Son of God, that you may know that you have eternal life,[a] and that you may continue to believe in the name of the Son of God.

God came down from eternal life as Jesus Christ. Life can only be given through Christ. This doesn't mean, my heart is pumping, I'm alive, life. This is, even when I die, I will be alive, life. This is pure joy-filled happiness, life. Those who have Jesus have life. Those who don't have Jesus will never have that life.

If you believe in Jesus, and what He did on that cross, you will have eternal life. So how do you tell God that you believe? By this prayer:

"God I know that I am a sinner. But I also know that You were not. I know that Jesus came down to die on the cross for my sins, and then He roze again. I pray that you will give me the gift of salvation through His blood and His death. Forgive me for my sins, Oh God, and come into my life. In Jesus' Name, Amen."

If you just prayed that prayer for the first time, Welcome to the family.

In His Service,
Joyce

No comments: