Saturday, October 24, 2009

Psalm 34:4-7
I sought the LORD and He heard me,
And delivered me from all my fears.
They looked to Him and were radiant,
And their faces were not ashamed.
This poor man cried out, and the LORD heard him,
And saved him out of all his troubles.
The angel of the LORD encamps all around those who fear Him,
And delivers them.

“Father, thank You for these words. You do hear us when we seek You, even if we don’t get our answer right away. You will deliver us from our fears, and your angels encamp around everyone who respects you. May our faces be radiant and not ashamed as we look up to You. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

So verses four through seven are an encouragement, but the words that come before them are even more important. They should be our cry, our heart’s song, when God answers our prayers, and even when He doesn't answer them in the way we wanted.

Psalm 34:1-3
I will bless the LORD at all times;
His praise shall continually be in my mouth.
My soul shall make its boast in the LORD;
The humble shall hear of it and be glad.
Oh, magnify the LORD with me,
And let us exalt His name together.

“Father, may these be our words when You answer our prayers, and even when You don’t. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

When you look at the progression of this psalm, David praises God and says he will always praise Him. Then he talks about how He took care of him.

In His Service,
Joyce

No comments: