Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Flood

Flood
Jars of Clay

Rain, rain on my face
It hasn't stopped raining for days
My world is a flood
Slowly I become one with the mud

Psalm 142:1 I cry aloud to the LORD; I lift up my voice to the LORD for mercy.

[Chorus:]

But if I can't swim after forty days
and my mind is crushed by the thrashing waves
Lift me up so high that I cannot fall
Lift me up
Lift me up - when I'm falling
Lift me up - I'm weak and I'm dying
Lift me up - I need you to hold me
Lift me up - Keep me from drowning again

Psalm 34:6 This poor man called, and the LORD heard him; he saved him out of all his troubles.

Downpour on my soul
Splashing in the ocean, I'm losing control
Dark sky all around
I can't feel my feet touching the ground

Job 10:15 Even if I am innocent, I cannot lift my head, for I am full of shame and drowned in my affliction.

[Chorus]

Calm the storms that drench my eyes
Dry the streams still flowing
Cast down all the waves of sin
And guilt that overthrow me

Mark 4:37-39 Jesus was in the stern, sleeping on a cushion. The disciples woke him and said to him, "Teacher, don't you care if we drown?"
He got up, rebuked the wind and said to the waves, "Quiet! Be still!" Then the wind died down and it was completely calm.

[Chorus]

Lift me up - when I'm falling
Lift me up - I'm weak and I'm dying
Lift me up - I need you to hold me
Lift me up - Keep me from drowning again

Psalm71:20 Though you have made me see troubles, many and bitter, you will restore my life again; from the depths of the earth you will again bring me up.

When you are down God will be the one who picks you up. If you feel like everything is crashing down on top of you remember God will be there to save you, just because He loves you. Even when it seems like no one knows what you're going through, you can trust in God because He knows everything about you and only wants the best for you, even if that means allowing you to go through hard times.

Love in Christ,
Sarah

No comments: