Monday, September 14, 2009

Nehemiah 9

Today I had my sisters pick out a random chapter for me to do my study on today but the first one they picked didn't exist so I made them try again and they got Nehemiah 9. After they picked the chapter I read through it and found one verse I really wanted to focus on.

Nehemiah 9:17 "They (our forefathers) refused to listen and failed to remember the miracles you performed amoung them. They became stiff-necked and in their rebellion appointed a leader in order to return to their slavery. But you are a forgiving God, gracious and compassionate, slow to anger and abounding in love. Therefore you did not desert them.

This verse has alot to say! The first part that we should look at I think is that "They refused to to listen and failed to remember the miracles you performed amoung them." Let's pretend "They" is us. God speakes to us everyday and we can see the miracles he performs everyday by just looking around us! (I say this because I truly believe that nature and life is a miracle!) When we choose to sin we don't listen to the voice of God and fail to see the miracles.

Next: "They became stiff-necked and in their rebellion appointed a leader in order to return to their slavery. " Who could our leader be when we sin? Obveously not God. God cannot abide sin. So, the only person who could be leading us in our sin is Satan. Just like how he lead Eve in her sin. Though, maybe not so litterally.

next: "But you are a forgiving God, gracious and compassionate, slow to anger and abounding in love. " God IS forgiving, gracious and compassionate, slow to anger and abounding in love but unless we ask him to forgive us then he doesnt. You have to ask! When you do, no matter what you did God will forgive you. But another thing we must be aware of is God is not a "get out of jail free card" like in Monopoly. After you ask for forgivness you really have to turn away from what ever it was you were doing.

I am praying daily that God will use this blog to bless who ever reads this.

With God in my heart and my mind

Kiara

No comments: